Thursday, December 10, 2009

Getting hit on

Thick snow today, welcome back winter. After I’m finished this degree, I’ll never spend more then a month in these conditions again.

As for the crazy things that happened to me so far today... I was sitting at the bar of a restaurant at Algonquin College, my friend Chelsea made a music video as a project and all the videos were going to be shown. She was off making a news bit about the showing when a a pretty black girl with a walker came up to me. She was well dressed in matching clothes and styled hair, I would associate her condition with cerebral palsy, but I’m not sure. We exchanged greetings and she asked me what my name was. I introduced myself and asked hers, she pulled out a folded piece of paper from her pocket. On one side it said , “Ifr”, I said “Ifrah”, since I knew an Ifrah in high school. I unfolded the rest and yes, that was her name. I asked if she was student and she told me she worked, then preceded to pull out a cap from her bag, it read, “market valley foods”. Apparently she enjoyed working there. She then pulled out and handed me another folded piece of paper, written in the same red ink, all capitals. It said “are you single by any chance? If you don’t mind me asking.” I though that was very sweet, I like a girl who gets right to the point. I told her I was single and that I had recently finished being in a serious relationship with Chelsea, who was walking up at that point. I made the introductions and Chelsea said, “yeah he is single, and be very, very careful with him, cause he’s trouble.” Ifrah turned around and walked away.

Later that day I realized you can get free food at restaurants by sending things back and when freeing a car from a snow drift, it's important to maintain a rocking motion.

No comments:

Post a Comment